Fire Mishap At Coronavirus Facility – 9 Dead

According to our sources, nearly nine people were killed in a fire mishap at Vijayawada. Coming into the news, a major fire caused by a short circuit at Swarna Palace hotel situated on Eluru Road has caused the death of nine people. A short circuit in an air-conditioner on the ground floor is what led to the fire. The fire mishap took place at around 5.15 am.

A private hospital had leased Hotel Swarna Palace in Vijayawada to keep infected COVID patients. At the time of incident 30, Covid-19 patients were being treated in the place. Most of the deaths have taken place due to suffocation from smoke. Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy, who expressed shock over the incident, announced an ex-gratia of Rs 50 lakh to the kin of the deceased. He also ordered an in-depth probe into the mishap.