Half year of 2015 is completed and let us see Kollywood round-up. Till June end Kollywood witnessed release of 107 films and of them only 14 turned out to be hits. According to it the first half witnessed only 13% hit rate. However this is huge improvement compared to previous year in which only 8% hit rate was seen.
Small films like ‘Kanchana’,’Kaaka Muttai’,’36 Vayadhinile’ and ‘Demote Colony’ attracted everyone with novel content. At the same time films like ‘Uttma Villain’ and ‘Massu Engira Masilamani’ with huge star cast failed to attract viewers and many analysts feel that it is a clear message to celebrities to reduce their high salaries.
First half sent a signal to all film makers and stars that they should promote their films irrespective of the budget by learning a lesson from Bollywood. Satellite rights too crashed and many TV channels stopped buying the rights of films. Even the year’s hit films satellite rights are yet to be sold.
Maniratnam’s ‘Ok Kanmani’ increased overseas market for Tamil Films in US,Aus and Europe by 10-15%.
Kaaka Muttai- Blockbuster
Superhit -super hit
Kaaki Sattai- Hit
O Kadhal Kanmani- Hit
36 Vayadhinile- Hit
Demonte coclony- Hit
Romeo Juliet- Hit
yennai Arindhaal- Average
India Pakistan- Average
vai Raja Vai- Average
Tamizhukku Enn Ondrai Azhutavum- Average
1. I (Tamil + Telugu + Hindi): 190 cr
2. Kanchana-2 (Tamil + Telugu): 98 cr
3. Yennai Arindhaal (Tamil + Telugu): 78 cr
4. Massu (Tamil + Telugu): 63 cr
5. Anegan (Tamil + Telugu): 49 cr
6. Kaaki Sattai (Tamil only): 47 cr
7. Uttama Villain (Tamil + Telugu): 38 cr
8. O Kadhal Kanmani (Tamil + Telugu): 33 cr
9. Komban (Tamil only): 31 cr
10. Romeo Juliet (Tamil Only): 22 cr